- Why Social Enterprise
- Entrepreneur's Corner
- Our Enterprises
Why Social Enterprise
Supporting Our Apprenticeships with Early Stage Social Enterprises
City Gateway has been developing social enterprises since 2007 and has extensive skills and expertise to share. We work with partners like The Petchey Centre for Entrepreneurship, East London Business Place and Social Enterprise London to support enterprise establishment, development and growth.
We train graduates and others with an entrepreneurial spark, in business skills with hands on experience that will benefit them throughout their careers. A number have gone on to senior roles in corporations as well as MBA programmes.
We set up these early-stage enterprises for the following benefits:
- They provide good value for money services to City Gateway and the local communities around our centres.
- They provide on the job training and work placements for our apprentices – Real Work Environments.
- They improve the quality and success of our apprenticeship programmes.
- They generate low levels of income to help fund themselves.
- They produce significant social outputs.
Creating Jobs & Funding Our Work with Developed Social Enterprises
Our developed enterprises offer professional services to clients such as Lloyds Banking Group, HSS Hire, Vinci Construction, London Underground, Network Rail and many more.
We endeavour to grow developed social enterprises from our early stage projects. You can help this progression if you have professional skills to offer as a volunteer. A number of volunteers have added so much value that we were able to offer them jobs.
Have a look at the professional services offered by our enterprises. There will certainly be something there for you.
We invest in these enterprises for the following benefits:
- They provide good value for money services to City Gateway and clients across the UK.
- They provide jobs for the local community and others.
- They generate significant levels of income to ensure they are profitable.
- They generate a surplus to help fund enterprise support services delivered by the enterprise hub.
- They assist with economic regeneration in Tower Hamlets.
80 Individuals getting work experience and 41 local jobs created (2010-11)
Our Quality Policy is available upon request.